Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)

Call 1-855-760-0888

Port of Galveston
Port of Galveston

If your job requires access to ports in the United States - if you are in the merchant marine, if you are a longshoreman or stevedore, if you are a truck driver, etc. - then you need a TWIC in order to be legally admitted into the port. 


TWIC holders are given unescorted access to secure areas of ports and other maritime facilities in the United States in order to perform their jobs.

TWIC Application

Applying for TWIC involves two stages. First, you submit your application to the government. The authorities review your application and perform background checks on you. This step is not mandatory but it is recommended.


You are then scheduled for an interview with an officer at a wide range of enrollment centers throughout the United States. If you have not pre-enrolled, you may have to return at another date.


If you are approved, you will be given a TWIC and will be given unescorted access to secure areas in all facilities overseen by the Maritime Transportation Security Act.

Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME)

Do you transport hazardous materials as part of your trucking job? If so, you may require a Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME) for your Commercial Driver's License. The HME shows border and security officers that you have passed TSA security checks.

Contact Us With Questions

Please enter the code:

Note: Please fill out the fields marked with an asterisk.